The whole event will take place across five regencies and cities in Nias and is set to offer 17 activities, including World Surf League Nias, Wonderful Expo, Traditional Fishermen’s Boat Parade, Nias Cultural Heritage Seminar, Culinary Exhibition, Fahombo Batu Stone-jumping Festival, Archipelago Festival, and Skydiving Attraction.
Sail Nias 2019 is spread across 5 Nias islands (South Nias Regency, Nias, West Nias, North Nias and Gunungsitoli City). A total of 15 activities will be carried out with the peak of implementation on September 14, 2019.
The activities of the Sail Nias 2019 peak which will be held at the Teluk Baru Port in South Nias will be filled with activities:
• Colosal War Dance and Stone Jump Festival
• Motorbike Demo, Aero Modeling, Flying Pass and Free Fall
• Fisherman Ship Parade
In addition to the peak event in South Nias, several supporting activities for Sail Nias 2019 include:
• Maritime Ministry Activities (10-16 September 2019)
• Wonderful Nias Expo 2019 (11-14 September 2019)
• 1000 tents and funbikes (September 13-15 2019)
• Diplomatic Tour (September 13-15 2019)
• Batu Islands Cultural Festival (September 16, 2019)
South Nias Regency
- Yacht Rally (12-16 May 2019)
13 yachts from 10 countries will participate in the Nias Yacht Rally 2019. This activity is the first event in the series of Sail Nias. Yachter from Alaska, Australia, USA, Canada, Chile, UK, France, Finland, Malaysia and Japan will be taken to explore the tourism potential on Nias Island.
- Nias Pro 2019 WSL Qualification Surfing Championship (10 - 15 September 2019)
After successfully carrying out the Nias Pro surfing championship which was the World Surfing League Qualification Series in South Nias in 2018 ago, this year the WSL Qualification series will be held on September 10-15, 2019 in Sorake Beach, South Nias. It is estimated that 100 surfers from 20 invited countries will attend, including domestic surfers.
- Sail Nias Peak 2019 event (September 14, 2019) in South Nias
- International Seminar on Nias Heritage (11 - 12 September 2019)
- Coffee and Culinary Festival in Gunungsitoli City (11 - 12 September 2019)
- Discovery Influencer Famtrip (24-26 August 2019)
- Beach Volley Ball (3 - 6 September 2019)
- Sail Nias Fishing Tournament (4 - 6 September 2019)
- 1000 Tents and Funbikes (12-13 September 2019)
West Nias Regency
- Kite Festival (September 7, 2019)
- Beach Run 10K (September 8, 2019)
- Aekhula Voice and Grilled Fish Festival (September 8, 2019)
North Nias Regency
- Influencer Famtrip (August 26-29, 2019)